My name is Maria Magan. I've been the Attendance Officer at Franklin School for 4 years.
Below is the attendance policy at the school:
- Students in 1st through 4th grade should be logged into virtual learning by 9:00 AM.
- Students in 5th through 8th grade should be logged in by 8:45 AM. Please be aware that teachers will be taking period attendance in the virtual environment (this only applies to students in the upper grades).
- If your child has to log off of virtual learning for any reason, please contact the main office.
- If your child is sick and is unable to attend school, please call the number listed on the right.
- Doctor's notes must be submitted to the school via email or can be personally dropped off during school hours. Please try to make routine doctor or dentist appointments after school as instructional time is very important.
- If you must travel for any reasons, you must contact the office before making travel plans.
The maximum amount of days your child can be absent for is 18 days. If this is exceeded, your child can be retained a grade. Any student who exceeds the permitted days out will be required to have an Attendance Review Meeting in June. This meeting will go over any doctors' notes and determine if your child is promoted to the next grade. No absences will be excused until the Attendance Review Meeting.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I hope you all have a safe and healthy school year!